Bolinus Brandaris: Flamenco from the Bay of Cadiz
Bolinus Brandaris: Flamenco from the Bay of Cadiz takes the listener to the Bay of Cadiz, the southernmost part of Spain, which is considered the birthplace and heartland of flamenco. Expertly recorded in informal and natural environments, this is flamenco culture as it is being lived today.
96-page hardcover book with with lyric transcriptions, cultural and regional history, artist biographies, a glossary, and 46 photos printed on artbook-quality paper. Includes an audio CD.
Produced in collaboration with The Vital Record, this release is also available on Bandcamp.
1. Trini de la Isla, Juani de la Isla, and Jesus Castilla – “Alegría”
2. Ana Polanco and Victor Rosa – “Malagueña”
3. Pedrín de la Isla and Victor Rosa – “Seguiriya”
4. Trini de la Isla, Jesus Castilla, and Juani de la Isla – “Bulería”
5. Jesus Guerrero – “Rondeña”
6. Jesus Castilla and Juani de la Isla – “Soleá”
7. El Niño del Parque – “Saeta”
Food is an essential component to Flamenco. To celebrate this new collection, we've partnered with Despaña Foods to curate a selection of imported foods from Andalucia to enjoy while listening to and reading Bolinus Brandaris: Flamenco from the Bay of Cadiz.